Activated charcoal is a black powder that has been made from different materials. The materials include coconut shells, bone char, petroleum coke, peat, olive pits, sawdust, and coal. By following the method of processing in the high temperature, the charcoal gets activated. By observing the process, the charcoal becomes more penetrable than the regular charcoal.
The charcoal briquettes and the activated charcoal is not the same even though these two are made from similar base materials. The charcoal briquettes are not processed in the high temperatures, says, healthpally CEO.
How Activated Charcoal Works
- 1 How Activated Charcoal Works
- 2 Benefits of Activated Charcoal
- 2.0.1 1. It promotes kidney function by reducing the waste products filtered by the kidneys.
- 2.0.2 2. It Reduces Cholesterol Levels.
- 2.0.3 3. Activated charcoal helps in reducing the gas after consuming a gas-producing meal.
- 2.0.4 4. It helps in Tooth Whitening.
- 2.0.5 5. Activated charcoal can also be used as a remedy for a hangover.
- 3 How to use Activated Charcoal
- 4 Interaction of Activated Charcoal
The functioning of activated charcoal is simple as it prevents the absorption of chemicals and toxins by absorbing it.
1. It helps in detoxifying the body
2. In the cases of poison, activated charcoal are used.
3. Activated charcoal reduces the effects of drugs by binding them.
4. Activated charcoal binds a wide variety of drugs.
5. Activated charcoal is used for treating prescription drugs overdoses.
Benefits of Activated Charcoal
Activated charcoal has many benefits associated with it.
1. It promotes kidney function by reducing the waste products filtered by the kidneys.
- The patients suffering from chronic kidney diseases will be more benefited from the activated charcoal.
- Persons who are suffering from chronic diseases, the kidney will not filter the waste products properly.
- Patients suffering from chronic diseases face huge difficulties in removing urea and other toxins from the body.
- Activated charcoal is used as an alternative way for the functioning of kidneys.
- Patients suffering from kidneys related diseases, activated charcoal are used for its function in removing waste.
2. It Reduces Cholesterol Levels.
- Activated charcoal also helps in reducing cholesterol levels.
- Activated charcoal binds cholesterol and cholesterol-related bile acids in gut preventing the body from absorbing it.
- There are other uses which are associated with activated charcoal.
- The activated charcoal can also be used as a home remedy.
3. Activated charcoal helps in reducing the gas after consuming a gas-producing meal.
- Heavy metal and fluoride content in water are reduced using activated charcoal.
- This is not observed very effective in removing viruses, hard water minerals.
4. It helps in Tooth Whitening.
- People can whiten their teeth by using activated charcoal.
- They have to brush their teeth with activated charcoal.
5. Activated charcoal can also be used as a remedy for a hangover.
- Activated charcoal can reduce blood alcohol levels by consuming it with alcohol.
- Applying charcoal on the skin reduces insect and snake bites.
How to use Activated Charcoal
- People who are interested in using activated charcoal can find a wide selection of the same in the online store.
- The users who are interested in using the activated charcoal have to follow the instructions related to dosages.
- The users can use the dosage of 15 grams for the fishy odor in certain individuals.
- 10 to 25 gram is the lower dosage for children.
- People have to understand the instructions properly, and use the dosage accordingly.
- Activated charcoal is the best alternative for the functioning of kidneys.
Interaction of Activated Charcoal
- Many people have doubt whether activated charcoal is safe.
- Activated charcoal is safe in most cases except in a few rare cases.
- The risks with activated charcoal are that nausea and vomiting are the side effects observed.
- Activated charcoal may have worsened symptoms in the individuals suffering from a rare genetic disease that affects the gut, skin and the nervous system.
- On the other hand, activated charcoal can also reduce the absorption of certain medications.