If you’ve been around the Internet marketing arena for a long time, then I’m sure you’ve realized that things stand between every marketer and online success. If you have been looking for a way or how to increase organic traffic, this article will help you get more website traffic and improve your site rankings.
How do I check website traffic?
alexa is the top best site analysis engine the can handle that. As it contains all the necessary too for analysis, forecast and performance of your website. With alexa rank checker, you can keep track of the performance and growth of your website.
How to drive traffic to a website with more than 1000 visitors
The most important part of getting organic search is that it drives nearly 51% of web traffic coming to your website and it also helps increase the revenue by 40% and increase the rank of your site.
This is the major reason search marketing players continually aim to gain more search traffic to their websites. To rank on page one for a specific keyword in the different search engine, and you will notice an increase in traffic.
If you can however rank in the top 3 positions on page one in any search engine and you are likely to see more traffic coming to your website, and if you cannot rank on page one, you will, however, missed the opportunity of getting the bottom-line revenues.
So, trying to figure out a way on how to increase organic traffic is the purpose of search marketing. Here is the strategy to help increase search traffic and reach your long-term marketing goals.
- Be sure you identify and fix the non-performing content
- Optimize for new low competition keyword opportunities
- You must optimize for high CTR
- Write more blog to increase website keyword ranking fast
- Make sure you dominate featured snippets
1. Be sure you identify and fix the non-performing content
Most of the non-performing content is an article that cannot help a website gain its marketing aim, by normally driving organic views or sales or gaining referrals from other websites. This type of content is not doing you any good, and it may hurt your chances of achieving more search traffic.
This is while non-performing content takes up crawl expenditure, how search engine considers the number of pages, and what pages, of a website to crawl and it’s limited.
This means that if your website is having non-traffic generating content, the search engine organism impedes up crawling the ineffective content and left the website before other good content.
The best way to take care of this problem is to identify and exclude the non-performing blog giving search engine much budget to crawl the websites most important pages and posts.
After the crawler is done crawling your website, the content that is well written will position better in the SERPs, gaining more long term from organic search.
How to discover and fix the non-performing content
The first thing you need to do is identify the best-performing content that is bringing traffic or backlinks, including ranking keywords and conversion. Take a content audit is an excellent way to do this:
- create a complete list of target keywords and those articles that are not getting much traffic to the website. Alexa’s keywords tools are one of the tools that will help in the audit.
- Inside the website, locate the search bar and type in your website URL to get the list of all the content keyword that are attracting viewers to your website.
- Select filters to remove keywords that reflect over and over for the large share of the traffic for those keywords by filtering for traffic share between 0 and 5.
- By doing this you will have a list of keywords that are bringing more traffic to your website. Download the list of these keywords to identify which keywords are not getting traffic to which URL or content on your website.
- Make sure you cross-check all the URL’s performance on key organic metrics, the organic traffic, bounce rate, time spent on the page and click-through rate.
- Make sure you check the quality of the content and timeliness.
- Do some search and identify SEO error such as broken links, dead-end pages and duplicate content using the tool (Alexa) SEO Audit Tool.
- The best way to make your content stand out is by using a content audit template to organize the information for better understanding.
After you have identified the non-performing content in your website, select one or a combination of the next steps:
- Make sure you refresh the on-page SEO of low-performing but a high-quality blog. Optimize the meta tag SEO, headers and image ALTs to rank in the SERPs. You can go through all your page one after the other for improvements using an on-page SEO checker.
- Be sure to redirect traffic from low converting pages to relevant and high converting blog post.
- You must use canonical redirects on the related piece of content. The important part of using canonical tag will notify search engine which content is prioritized.
Make sure you conducting an audit on your website every few months to better optimize for organic traffic performance and also make sure non-performing content does not weigh your website down.
2. Optimize for new low competition keyword opportunities
Don’t forget even the strongest keyword strategy probably has gaps in it. It’s just natural new, relevant keywords rank all the time, and adding additional features opens up keyword opportunities. It may take time for content production to incorporate those into keywords strategy.
Bean said, don’t just believe in gap-filling keyword strategy. If you missed keyword opportunities it may slow organic traffic growth and give competitors an advantage.
Look for these opportunities and you build them into keyword strategy of iteration will help increase both search traffic and product visibility.
How to Find Keyword Opportunities
You should start by identifying “easy opportunities.” Finding keyword opportunities? These are keyword that is high in search volume, low competition keyword that your website is not ranking for.
There is a way for you to do this by using the keyword difficulty tool.
- Type in the website or relevant keyword into the tool. This tool will pull up and find all the related keyword opportunities, which you will sort to find the most popular keyword with less difficulty.
- Filter out all the high difficulty keyword that your website is too low to rank for. There are tools that their metric will tell you which keyword you can definitely rank for and keywords that you can’t rank for. This is because it bases on your website previous performance organic search.
- Make the search intent of the keyword opportunities by searching them on different search engines and seeing what type of content ranks best.
3, Optimize high CTR
Positioning your content on page one in any search engine is only half the organic search traffic battle; you also have to convince search her to click on your result, rather than a competitor’s search result.
What is CTR?
Its call click-through rate (CTR) by optimizing for click-through rate has a double benefit. First, you will entice searcher away from competitors websites and onto your website, to increase your traffic.
Second, you will send good signals to search engine: A high CTR is a way for a search engine to prioritize search results.
How to improve CTR
There is no way a single action will boost CTR. Take a major approach with these steps:
- Check and identify which content on your website has a low CTR from result pages by using the google search console. Download them in excel format and organized by CTR. The pages with low CTR but high performance which means high conversion and engagement is the best optimization opportunities.
- Base on this list, try to make the meta title more SEO-friendly. which may include adding or using target keywords at first and it makes the title more engaging. A good trick? marketing entity invests a lot of time in optimizing PPC ads for CTR and they are likely to have high CTR.
- Meta descriptions are the most influential factors in CTR. Add a clear call to action as the exact keyword phrase you want to rank for. For example, search for keyword: the keyword “best tools for increasing organic traffic” This has information behind it. The SEO meta description will reflect.
After you are done with the step above, your work is not done once you have optimized it. Track and make sure you monitor the changes in CTR for the refreshed content and correlate improvement back to the action that you took.
4, Write more blog to increase website keyword ranking fast
Blogging is one of the best ways to increase the number of keywords, particularly non-branded keywords for your website ranks. blog post allows you to position your brand in the field with top informational post and gives allows you to advertise your product or brand to the people searching for something related to your product or post.
Blogging can apply to your marketing funnel and B2B marketing strategy, by filling the sales funnel with qualified leads of the back of gated content.
Sometimes blog content will only drive more organic traffic if it gives genuine answers to real user needs. A blogging strategy that is about product or services alone will fail to get traffic from search.
How to increase organic traffic by blogging
Blogging is a time and resource-consuming activity. It takes a long time to get the result than other marketing activity like paid search ads. The blogging strategy is to generate organic traffic to your blog content and traction is a guarantee.
- If you already have generated lists of targeted keyword, separate them into two different sections: information and transaction intent.
- If you have not generated your keyword lists, it’s time for you to do a keyword search.
- After you have created a list of target keywords, categorize them by search volume, buyer aspect and even pain point. This means that I guarantee your content stay user-centric.
- Check what your competitor has for those keywords. You can make one of the competitor keyword matrices tools to discover which keywords your competitor is ranking for, then you decide if you want to go head-to-head with them.
- create your own content calendar base on the keywords you found on the competitor website.
5, Make sure you dominate featured snippets
Google introduce feature snippets in 2016. These enriched result pages aim to answer the searcher’s question directly on the search result page, so they don’t want the searcher to leave Google to find the information they need.
It’s These Google may feature featured snippets and the knowledge graph, these will reduce the number of viewers coming to your website through search engine results.
but it doesn’t have to be that way. And HubSpot’s matt barby found that organic traffic always starts increased after appearing in the featured snippet.
Smart structuring and content are the keys to increasing organic traffic with a featured snippet. you will also push competitor result down the ranking and gaining brand exposure.
How to appear in featured snippets is like a site link, featured snippets have to be won. You will not get a request from a search engine or to give you a featured snippet. you can, but follow some step to increase your chances of appearing in the snippet.
Google have different type of featured snippet format, brief paragraphs, list of table. With all of that in mind, follow these simple steps to boost your chance of winning a featured snippet:
- Identify the keyword that produces the featured snippet result and that your website is already ranking on page one. websites not on page one will not show in a snippet.
- Snippet-friendly keyword phrases normally answer a what, how or why question. The article you produce most answer the question earlier in the post which makes it better.
- Arrangement of answer makes it easier for crawlers. Use the H2 subheading to arrange the question and answer it in the next paragraph below the heading. Or try out an ordered or unordered list.
- Use high- quality and SEO-optimised images featured snippet normally show an image, so be sure the crawler can find and identify your image quickly.
- Drive more clicks from the snippet by formatting the article as steps. For example, the snippet answers the question “how to do a volume lookup in excel”. By formatting the answer in too many steps for the snippet to show, the article creator has increased the chances of people clicking through to the content.
Even if you don’t win the feature snippet spot, these tactics will help you improve content performance by making your content more crawlable.